Lily Michaelides was born in Nicosia where she lives and works. She attended a course on Secretarial Studies and Public Relations.
Lily Michaelides has published three collections of poetry by Govostis Publications in Athens:
- The Alchemy of Time (2001)
- Shapes and Roads in Relief… (2003)
- Remembrance of a Dawn (2004) in Greek and English – a bilingual edition
Melani Publications (Athens) were the publishers of:
- Innuendos (Ypenigmoi, 2007), a poetry collection
- The city needs no recommendations (2011), prose
Lily Michaelides’ poems have been published in newspapers and literary magazines in Cyprus and abroad and have been translated into many languages. Her third poetic collection Remembrance of a Dawn, was presented at the Nehru Centre in London in May 2004.
Professional Experience /current & selected completed projects:
- Literary Ark Yerevan (Armenia) October 2012
A 10day literary festival. One of 30 invited writers from many countries. Participated in readings, workshops, discussions. Two video poems were screened.
- PEN Annual Meeting (Cyprus) September 2011
A 2day event with 20 invited writers from Cyprus. Participated in readings.
Writer and Book Presentations
- The poetry Collection The Five Seasons of Constantinos Papageorghiou, in Limassol and Nicosia, in June and October 2012 respectively.
- Ersi Sotiropoulos, an awarded writer from Greece, in Nicosia, at The Shoe Factory Cultural centre, in February 2011.
- Tomas Tranströmer, the Swedish Nobel Laureate. In Nicosia Cyprus, at the ARTE Cultural Centre, in March 2010.
- Vivid Poetry Allios, a poetry performance 12 March 2012
Sole organiser of the event, in collaboration with the Dpt of Applied Arts of the Frederick University, Cyprus. Four Cypriot poets, two based in London UK (Alev Adil and John Michael Mouskos) and two based in Cyprus (Pambos Kouzalis and Lily Michaelides) came together. Each poet created two poetic actions (involving graphics, music, theatre, dance, filming) and all together created a unified performance. The Arts dpt created a series of 43 posters based on the poems which were exhibited for a week.
- Poetic Collection – 21 September 2006
Sole organiser of the event staged to celebrate International Day of Peace, on behalf of the UNESCO Chair of the University of Nicosia (University of Nicosia – Amphitheatre)
- Synesthesia – Multi Media Production – May 2003
Key member of the Organising Committee with the participation of Cypriot and acclaimed Greek Poets (Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation (CyBC) Theatre)
I’m in love with a landscape
how deeply I yearn
Αγαπώ ένα τοπίο
For other contributions by Lily Michaelides, please follow the link below:
Poetry in this post: © Lily Michaelides
Published with the permission of Lily Michaelides